Legos are the best among toys because there is no age limit to own a set. These can make a person very productive and imaginative. You can relax knowing that your kid will spend hours doing something useful and learn as well. They will also see that legos are fun and creative. You can check our list of some of the best legos for teenagers to learn more and give your kid the right set.
The best lego for your teenager needs to be exciting, thematic, specific to individual interests, challenging, and accurately made to model a real-life object. But most importantly, the set must be entertaining and safe as well, so that your kid will cherish it.
Have a look at this article to learn some interesting facts about legos, and also get useful tips and other details to look for the best legos for teenagers.
What is LEGO?
LEGO is a kind of toy made of plastic to imitate building blocks invented by The Lego Group. These are very colorful and come in different shapes and sizes that can be joined together to make towers, buildings, and many other things. The bricks have studs on top and on the bottom, there are holes to stack two bricks together called the brick-and-knob connection.
When was lego invented?
LEGO means “leg godt” in Danish, meaning “play well” in English and was invented 70 years ago. In 1932, Ole Kirk made wooden toys resembling different models in his shop. Later, the Lego Group was started in his shop. When plastic was introduced in 1947 in Denmark, Kirk got a molding machine for plastic injection. He made the first Lego truck with plastic, removable bricks.
How are lego sets made?
The main element of legos is an oil-derived plastic called acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS). Firstly, the Lego blocks are made as plastic granules. Then these are melted and poured into an automatic molding machine to build the granules into bricks. ABS is used to make legos because this gives them a rigid shape that is resistant to any damages and color fading.
How did Lego become a success?
Legos are very unique as toys and outreach others in design, innovation, and high-quality materials. The interlocking system to build new models makes the toy versatile. At present, they are developing more for people of all ages to match their interests. The company’s success remains at its dedication towards customer satisfaction.
LEGOS Vs Mega Bloks
These may sound similar, but check this table to know about the differences.
|Material||Chemical-free plastic||Chemical-free plastic|
|Uses||Suitable for children and adults||Made for children only|
Best Legos for Teenagers
Before heading to the main reviews, check the summary below for a quick understanding.
1.LEGO Friends Heartlake Hair Salon- The best lego kit for style enthusiasts.
2.LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box- The best overall lego set for everyone.
3.LEGO Creator 3in1 Fire Dragon- A great lego set for the creative minds.
4.LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet- Opportunity for the players to make a favorite collectible.
5.LEGO Star Wars: The Mandalorian The Child- The cutest lego set for Star Wars fans.
6.LEGO City Holiday Camper Van- A chance for the kids to have an adventure.
7.LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle- The perfect lego kit for those who are up for challenges.
8.LEGO Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Building– The best lego set for Star Wars fans.
9.LEGO Creator Expert Assembly Square– A beginner’s lego kit for future architects and builders.
10.The Friends Apartments LEGO Set- The perfect present for Friends fans.
A comparison table is a great thing to give you more details about the different products, in brief, so have a look:
|Product Name||Dimensions||Age Range||Pieces|
|LEGO Friends Heartlake City Play Hair Salon||10.32 x 7.52 x 2.4 inches||6 years and above||235|
|LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box||14.55 x 7.05 x 7.09 inches||4 years and above||484|
|LEGO Creator 3in1 Fire Dragon 31102 Building Kit||10.32 x 7.52 x 1.81 inches||7 years and above||234|
|LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet 75276 Building Kit||7.52 x 13.94 x 4.65 inches||18 years and above||647|
|LEGO Star Wars: The Mandalorian The Child Building Kit||10.32 x 15.04 x 4.65 inches||10 years and above||1073|
|LEGO City Holiday Camper Van Building Kit||10.32 x 7.52 x 2.4 inches||5 years and above||190|
|LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle Building Kit||15.04 x 10.32 x 2.78 inches||12 years and above||962|
|LEGO Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Building Kit||10.32 x 15.04 x 2.78 inches||10 years and above||519|
|LEGO Creator Expert Building Kit||22.91 x 18.9 x 6.69 inches||16 years and above||4002|
|The Friends Apartments LEGO Set||23.5 x 15.7 x 3.8 inches||18 months and above||2048|
Now we have the main review of some products that our team has found to be the best among other lego sets.
1. LEGO Friends Heartlake City Play Hair Salon
If your teenager is interested in styles and makeovers, then LEGO Friends Heartlake Hair Salon is perfect for them. The package contains hair accessories like hairdryers, wigs, and so on for aiding in the model salon. A station is given to set the legos inside, which has transparent partitions. This station has a cash counter, styling area, sinks, and chairs. Some model doll figures and toy coffee and cookies also come in the set. Overall, a great Lego set for your teenager to have a fun time making an imaginative hair salon.
- The lego set replicates a mini hair salon with dolls and extra accessories.
- Kids can use mini-figures of other legos in this set for more customers.
- Items included are two mini-dolls, hairdressing chairs, sink, brushes, wigs, hairdryers, foods, etc.
- Your kid will have endless options to construct models using this lego set, so it works perfectly for all kids above 6 years old.
- The lego set is very durable, functional, and compact to store easily.
- Sometimes the blocks may not join properly or firmly.
2. LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box
LEGO Classic Creative Brick Box is a starter lego set for your teenager. The bricks can be used to make a miniature model of anything imagined. They are available in 35 different colors and different shapes for making anything possible. You also get some toy eyes, windows, wheels. A storage box carries all the lego blocks. This set is appropriate for people of all ages to create a story, so this product is one of the best lego sets for teenagers.
- It is a medium-sized kit with plenty of bricks for various models.
- Both boys and girls can play with this set by creating different roles.
- All the legos and accessories can be stored in a big plastic container.
- The package contains 484 pieces, including a green baseplate, wheels, eyes, windows, etc.
- Legos are durable and functional, and the set is affordable.
- The creative option is less due to the design and limited quantity.
3. LEGO Creator 3in1 Fire Dragon 31102 Building Kit
Here is an amazing lego kit to enhance your kid’s creativity and fantasy. The Lego set is based on a dragon theme making a whole dragon with jaw, head, tail, legs, claws, and wings. There is also a treasure chest. Your kid can also make other types of animals with three different building options and give fire to the dragons with movable body parts. They will have countless chances to rebuild models and have an adventure. Even though the set looks like a children’s game, it is built for children of all ages.
- The lego set is specially made to build fire dragons, toothed-tigers, and scorpions.
- Children can use their creativity and imagination with countless options.
- Three-in-one sets have more than two hundred pieces to make different animal models.
- This is a big set with a storage box and durable blocks.
- The age range is around 16 years old, so it works for teenagers.
- Thematic set means there is a limitation to building models.
4. LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet 75276 Building Kit
The Star Wars LEGO set is a stunning pack and a great toy for star wars fans. It is built with attention to detail to mimic star wars scenes. For more visuals, there are stickers, a base, and a nameplate. When the model is done, it can be placed as a decorative piece as well. This is one of the best lego sets for teenagers. People of all ages will face an adventure and pleasurable hours while making models. For newbies, there is also an instruction manual to help make the helmet.
- The set includes very detailed lego blocks to imitate a Stormtrooper Helmet.
- Additional accessories aid in making the models more realistic.
- The package contains more than six hundred pieces to make a huge model.
- A great product for star wars fans which can also be used as an ornament or present.
- This set is exciting for children of all ages.
- The users cannot make various models using this lego set.
5. LEGO Star Wars: The Mandalorian The Child 75318 Building Kit
LEGO Star Wars The Child is a cute lego set for your kid. Baby Yoda is given a realistic look with the built quality and detailed blocks. You get to make a full model with ears, head, and mouth and movable parts. You can even make Baby Yoda show different expressions. Beginners can follow the steps to make the model easily. The best part is it is so creative that the whole family can work on it together. Baby Yoda will look great as a decor item and a present.
- Your kid will get to make a model of Baby Yoda for keeping it as a display item.
- The materials are very realistic, detailed to make a lego version of the popular figure.
- There is a gear shift knob element in the package.
- You get a huge collection of more than a thousand pieces.
- A compact, durable, and exciting lego set for teenagers.
- Thematic set means you can only build the model once.
6. LEGO City Holiday Camper Van 60283 Building Kit
LEGO City Holiday Camper Van helps with the imagination of both boys and girls. A model RV can allow the kids to role-play different games. Inside the RV there are kitchenettes and sleeping areas as well. You also get small human figures to mimic a family adventure. This is a very simple and fun toy set for your kid with instructions. Children can explore their creative minds, so this works as the best lego set for teenage girls as well.
- The Lego blocks are made to replicate realistic models for role-play games.
- Kids can make a whole van with figures to create an adventure scenario.
- They can also give an interior, roof, and sleeping place.
- More than a hundred pieces allow for great scenarios.
- This is a compact and durable lego set for children of all ages and to play with the family.
- This is quite a small set compared to others.
7. LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle 92177 Expert Building Kit
Here is an outstanding lego set for your kid to use. There is a bottle found at sea to send messages, with a ship inside. Your kid can make an entire model of a ship that has cannons, captain’s quarters, crow’s nest, masts, and printed sail elements. To make the whole thing gorgeous, you can seal the bottle with a cork, wax, and other elements like a nameplate, compass, and globe. No wonder, this is the best lego set for 15-year-olds and older ones.
- Your kid can build an entire ship model with a cabin crew and captain using the lego set.
- The bottle given is easy to open to work with the lego blocks inside.
- This set is at an advanced level which will challenge your teenager.
- Other elements include cannons, crow’s nests, flags, mast, sails, flag, and even a display stand.
- The compact kit has around a thousand pieces for more details.
- It might get difficult for younger children.
8. LEGO Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Building Kit
We have another amazing star wars lego set for your kid. Your kid can recreate some of the movie scenes with this set. Details are added to each block. Models will have movable parts like the head and antennas. Place the models on the built-in stand and add figurines for a more authentic look that can be kept on display. This is a very challenging lego set for any teenager.
- Young fans can now make their star wars collectibles.
- You also get a display stand, movable head, and posable antennas of the characters.
- Players can stick an information sign and have a D-O Minifigure for more realistic models.
- This is quite a big set for both teenage boys and girls, and for a good present.
- The set is durable, compact, and has easy-to-follow instructions.
- The tubing and head show troubles to attach.
9. LEGO Creator Expert Assembly Square 10255 Building Kit
Your kid will find a magical experience with a LEGO Assembly Square Building Kit. As your kid builds a tower, windows, and doors, spires, roofline, and terrace, including a sidewalk, fountain, even a café outside, and street lamps. But that’s not all, inside the house they can add exclusive details like an interior or different shops and offices. To give the whole model more realistic vibes, there are mini-figures and a baby figure. All the lego blocks are easy to assemble and remove to recreate. This lego set is clearly one of the best lego sets for teenage girls as well.
- Your kid can build a whole city that has a dentist’s office, shops, a dance studio, cafe, and sidewalk.
- Some figurines make the whole model more beautiful.
- The whole model is very attractive to keep as a display item.
- You get a huge lego set for both your teenage boys and girls.
- This is a challenging lego set with huge details like angle tiles, roof, and garage doors.
- The box isn’t the best for further use.
10.The Friends Apartments LEGO Set
Friends series is a globally favorite one and a modeling option would be exciting for your kid. LEGO has brought your kid a set to replicate the whole apartment, including the Central Perk cafe. Not only can you build both the apartments, but also furnish them with all the details like furniture and other props. You will also get mini-figures of all the six characters, including Janice. Your kid can build a whole building model with their imagination and recreate stories from the series. Overall, this set is one of the best lego sets for teenagers by reliving some of the favorite moments of the series.
- You will get an exact model of the show’s apartments, including the hallway.
- The package also includes mini-figures and other accessories.
- You can keep the finished model as a collectible on display.
- All kinds of players can work with this set easily.
- To make a smaller model, you can lift the carpets to make other mini models.
- Some pieces are missing in the set.
Tips for buying Best Lego Set
Interests: Make sure that the theme you choose or the creative set you get matches your kid’s interests.
Materials: Always look for high-quality plastic blocks so that the legos are sturdy and rigid to join easily.
Mini Figures: Small figures and other accessories will help for a more realistic model.
Storage: Select Lego sets that come with containers to store the legos when they are not used.
Budget: You don’t need expensive or huge sets for your kid, invest in a set that is creative, challenging, and will last long.
ABS plastic is highly durable and rigid to allow you to interlock lego blocks. Learn more about this material from this table:
|Thermoplastic||Excellent features to resist adversities|
|High rigidity||Great in strength, rigidity, strain, and stiffness|
|Good resistance to impact, stress, and abrasion||Easy to color and manufacture|
|Good insulating ability||Dimensions are stable to form edged shapes|
|No fire hazard||Suitable for various plastic uses|
|High tensile strength||Safe and solid built|
- What is the best lego set for teenagers?
The LEGO United States Capitol Building set is one of the best for teenagers because of the complexity of the game that will give both a challenge and fun.
- What is the best lego set for 15-year-olds?
LEGO Minecraft can be an ideal lego set for 15-year-old teenagers. It is a compact set with challenges and brainwork to complete the task.
- What is the best lego for teenage girls?
LEGO Classic Large Creative Box is a great set for teenagers, both girls, and boys. This set provides various opportunities to use imagination for countless building models.
- At what age can someone play with legos?
LEGOS are made for all ages for learning. Children from ages 9 months and above can play with legos.
- Why is some Lego sets 16+?
Since LEGOs are not limited to any age, manufacturers are creating more advanced level sets for older players. Those which are marked from 16 years and above are made for young adults.
- Can a 14-year-old play with Lego?
LEGOS are now available for everyone, so any teenager can get a lego set. This will allow them to develop skills and creativity.
- Why do people enjoy LEGOs?
People find LEGOS as fun toys that involve creativity to make models using basic shapes. The completed models are beautiful for display and also colorful.
- Why do Americans call LEGO bricks “Legos”?
They refer to a LEGO set collectively and call it legos in plural form. Americans consider the word LEGO as an acronym and add ‘s’ to make it plural.
- Do Lego blocks boost your IQ?
LEGOs help in stimulating creativity, memory, and analysis to improve skills and competence.
- Can an 18-year-old use Lego?
Since LEGOS are toys for all, people of any age can use them. Any 18 years old needs to find a set that is specially made for young adults with harder levels.
Using this guideline it is time for you to get the best lego set for teenagers. Not only will they have a fun time building model, but they will also learn and develop skills in the process. You may be confused over the varieties available, but you can use this article to guide you. Our team has found these products to be great choices for a LEGO collection.
Last update on 2021-09-16 at 03:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API