Worried about non-functional pens that do not give comfort when writing your paper for an exam? Well, that’s a common issue when you buy pens without knowing their structure and functional ability. Fountain pens are a very classy option with excellent cuts and long-lasting nib materials. When looking out for the best fountain pens in the market, you sure want to know what specifications. It would be best if you looked for the suitability of a pen that would match your writing style. Fountain pens thus offer a variety of specifications that can provide you maximum comfort.
My top recommendations for fountain pens are disposable, refillable, and easy to grip models. The models should also rank comfortably for long hours of writing. Fountain pens which are made with metal bodies are a durable option. Most fountain pens for teenagers with a fine finish with a firm nib can help students use them for a very long time.
Fountain pens with a good structure prevent wastage of ink too. So how can you score straight A’s and be at the top of your class? By following this detailed and extensively researched guide, you may find the best fountain pens suitable to your taste.
Why should I buy a fountain pen?
With so many models available in the market, you might get confused about what kind of pen would just work the best for you. Do you sometimes get tired of using pens that need to be pressed a dozen times and don’t give the output you’re looking for? We’ve all been in a position where we didn’t feel like writing only because some of these pens felt very inconvenient, and it had our hands go numb. You sure don’t wanna spend your life with pens that can’t support your flow.
To give you an idea of what type of pen you can enjoy writing with, we made it easy for you to explore two of the most popular and purchased pen models. While all pens write what you’re putting on paper, not all pens provide the premium feel that gives you confidence a boost. To continue writing during your homework, assignments, or even exam papers, a pen can work as a powerful tool.
Ballpoint pens carry alcohol solvent, which distributes a thick layer of writing. On the other hand, fountain pens generally have smooth liquid ink that provides a fast writing range.
Let’s now look at the features of the ball pen and fountain pen and compare their characteristics. The comparison will help you determine the advantages of a fountain pen and why it can be a choice you will treasure for a lifetime.
Differences between fountain pen and a ball pen:
|characteristics||Fountain Pen||Ball pen|
|1.Smoothness of writing||Fountain pens flow as smoothly as one continues to write. The smooth flow does not allow for much surface tension||Ball point pens have a thick ink and need downward pressure as it can’t flow easily.|
|2. Depth and color||Fountain pens are champions for creating clearer and much more vivid lines as they can put more ink on paper in less time. This is why fountain pens have deeper girth and color.||Since ballpoint pens need much more pressure and cannot be used as lightly, the color of the ink wears out after using it for several times.|
|3. Quality of lines||Fountain pens aid consistent and featureless line qualities in a regular paper.||Ballpoint pens although can provide uniform lines in both cartridge and rough papers, the lines are anything but of a consistent quality.|
|4.Comfort||Whether you’re aiming to make notes or appear for an exam, fountain pens provide maximum comfort for it’s smoothness.||Although ball point pens can work great during classwork and homework times, they are rather a discomfort for a lengthier period.|
|5. Convenience||If an effortless good handwriting is what you seek for, a fountain pen can never be beaten.||Ballpoint pens are suitable if you’re planning a list, marking a book etc.|
While a good inked pen is vital for all and any use, handwriting is a significant factor. Handwriting can set one apart from the rest of the class. Imagine getting extra points just because you have lovely handwriting!
While many people think that it depends on the individual as to how their writing style will be, much of it also depends on the kind of pen you write. Fountain pens are a winner when it comes to practicing handwriting, giving you the instant boost of improvement. Hence, you can always eye on being the best of your entire class when you have the right kind of pen, giving you the ultimate freedom to write page after page.
However, few things can guide you to choose the right fountain pen according to your needs. The quality of each specification of the pen depends on one fountain pen to the other.
How do I choose a fountain pen?
- Color variation: are you aiming to use your pen beyond your typical coursework? If you’re passionate about calligraphy, pen sketch, drawing, and painting, you may want to look into color variations. There are different colors of fountain pens that can meet your artistic demands. Fountain pens are made in blue, green, red, purple and sometimes come with sparkles too.
- Smearproof quality: when pens easily smear off, you’d know that they aren’t of the best quality. Smear can leave stains in bags, pockets, and bedsheets. You don’t need a pen that creates a huge mess for you. Hence it is very essential to check the smearproof quality of the pen before purchasing.
- Material: when buying pens, you don’t want to overlook the material of the pen. A lot of the time, we only focus on the quality of ink or how smoothly a pen can write. A lot of the pens in the market are made with cheap plastic or metal. Good quality pens are molded with polished steel, brass, or tungsten to give out the authentic premium feel. Checking the material of the pen is very important to ensure durability.
- Moreover, the material of the pen ensures the regularity of the pen. The other parts of the pen, such as the cap and buttons, should have vinyl or thermosetting plastic material for excellent quality input. The entire quality of the pen depends on the materials used for constructing it.
- Nib: the nib options of the standard fountain pen range from XF to 2B. Depending on how thick or thin you want the lines to be, you can choose from the many options available. 2B models are matchable for smaller and more delicate handwriting, and XF ones create a creative and much more elevated style of handwriting. The nib material comes in two forms, and they are gold and steel. Hence, the nib is a prominent factor to keep in mind while browsing through the fountain pens you come across.
Best fountain pens for teenagers:
1.PILOT Varsity disposable fountain pen– Work your vision in retro style, be your left or right hand.
2.Parker jotter fountain pen: The gel ink to write about your dreams
3.Amazon Basics refillable fountain pen: A lightweight weapon to write for hours on end.
4. Wordsworth and Black Fountain pen: Experience the best possible glides
5.Dryden fountain pen medium nib: Pump off ink to form the letters with zero pressure.
6.Dryden Designs fountain pen: Write with an uninterrupted flow with the most robust cap cover
7.Pilot varsity disposable fountain: Keep the ink stains at bay with the best visible cartridge
8.Scrivener silver chrome fountain pen: A luxury built to represent one’s identity
9..Matte Black forest fountain pen: Journal your thoughts with a pen that gives off an artistic feel.
10.Waterman graduate allure fountain pen: supports all and every quality of paper
1. PILOT Varsity disposable fountain pens
With so many colors to explore, starting from blue, red, turquoise and basic black, PILOT varsity fountain pens are an excellent choice for multidimensional work. This pen works as both a highlighter and to work in a professional area. A pen may need a lot of maintenance, starting from the hassle of putting ink and keeping the cartridge clean. The good thing about PILOT varsity pens is that you do not need to waste time on maintenance because they are 100% disposable.
- Pre-filled pens which require no maintenance and comes in refined stainless steel material
- Pen cartridge is visible, which lets you see the amount of ink left.
- Retro fashionable design of the pen creates an attractive outlook of the pen.
- Comes in a seven-pack pouch with an authentic fountain pen nib.
- Upgraded liquid ink system helps to write much more quickly and provides a smooth flow. This feature of the fountain pen is very handy for those who prefer easy writing styles.
- Oil-based ink of the pen helps it dry off quickly. The fresh, clean lines that resist smear support the framework of the writing style, making it easy for fast and left-handed writers.
- Provides maximum comfort while writing. Makes it easy to put ink on paper without giving much downward pressure.
- Seven different colors in a single packet
- Zero hassle of refilling the ink
- Ink remains intact without streaking
- Suitable for everyday use
- Does not scratch the paper
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Durable body structure
- Nib might be a little on the wider side
- Comes in a metal body that is uncommon
2. Parker Jotter Fountain Pen
With an iconic and prominent design that boasts bond street black color ink, you’d definitely love to know about the parker jotter fountain pen. These pens are stylish with their premium structure that is unique in its way. The array of finishes is anything but boring! If you would like to add some sensible and elegant trims to your pen collection, this can be a great deal.
- Fine barrel and cap provides elevated styles for writing in different quality of paper
- Comes in an exclusive gift box for good preservation
- Authentic feather-shaped nib gives a true sense of fountain pen writing style.
- Stylish yet durable body of the pen ensures a long-lasting feel of using it as per convenience.
- Traditional structure of the pen creates an embodiment of luxury in modern writing styles
- Provides soft, diligent, and smooth strokes in each use.
- Darker and lighter portions are portrayed on paper from the ink, which one can navigate when writing on any piece of paper.
- Comes with a large cartridge of blue ink
- Arrowhead clip with accentuated trims
- Provides clean lines
- Sleek gel base ink
- Dries off easily
- Black ink is unavailable
3. Amazon Basics refillable fountain pen
A pen that writes fantastic for its weight, Amazon basics fountain pens can be a really simple yet exceptional addition to one’s pen collection. Having a pen that is not too dry nor too wet can create a perfect balance for your composition and various writeups. The performance of the pen is powerful and smooth. This fountain pen has its remarkable quality of being able to write inverted and fine lines. If you’re looking for a pen to use regularly which can also aid your expectations, this fountain pen may just be the right option for you!
- Metal barrels build a good body structure of the pen.
- Nib is made of stainless steel.
- Cartridges are short, bold, and specifically designed for easy grip
- Amazon basics are engraved on the pen to identify the authenticity quite easily.
- Cartridges have space for refilling, so the pen is recyclable and can be used for a very long time.
- Material of the barrel is of good quality, which aids a reasonable control over the pen.
- Plastic case packaging is used for the pen.
- Excellent choice for beginners
- Can be used for both regular and artistic use
- Simple and sophisticated nib
- Adjustable cartridges
- Two refillable cases
- Single ink cartridge
- Smooth flow of ink
- Ink is replaceable and reusable
- Nib is broader compared to the size of the pen
- Masking tape may be needed to tackle smoothness issues.
4. Wordsworth and Black Fountain pen
A pen that can really outstand your personality and give you an edge of a luxurious feel. Wordsworth is made of defined classic elements that make it stand apart from any other pen. The vintage model of the pen is lucrative and makes you want to write even when you’re procrastinating. When you write with a pen that gives you the best glides, you’d forget all the worries of the world and build the best write-up you can imagine. This pen is a deluxe tool for your daily work, journal, and art.
- Helps to construct a textured and premium writing experience with its modern refillable style.
- Perfect balance of nib and body to ensure maximum performance
- Comes with one ink converter and 3x blue ink cartridges, and 3x black cartridges in one single package.
- Can be purchased as a gift as it comes with a leather case and an elegant gift box.
- Comes with an instruction catalog for easy use and maintenance.
- Comes with a wide barrel design for convenient use
- Special ergonomic design of the pen guarantees durability.
- Prevents smudging as it dries off quickly
- Consistent and smooth flow of ink
- Lightweight and manageable
- Solid cap cover to prevent leakage
- Comes with six free cartridges
- Instruction booklet is available with package
- Non-toxic ink
- Comes with a free refill converter
- Neat and consistent lines
- Inconsistent ink distribution if the converter is not filled properly
- Dropping it would loosen the cartridge.
5. Dryden fountain pen medium nib
We often look for fountain pens that do not compromise their quality, both from their writing texture and body structure. Dryden pens carry the heritage that bleeds the artistic features of a fountain pen. The modern touch to the design adds much versatility to it. You can write pages after pages with this pen, and you’d find yourself somehow stuck with the charm this pen comes with.
- Sturdy design with a well-crafted outlook provides an edge for daily to occasional use.
- Piston converter helps to pump off ink smoothly on paper
- A gift-quality pen workable as presents and to handle any workload, including academic coursework
- Materials are hand-assembled to preserve the flawless quality
- Supports every angle of writing posture giving off a comfortable feel throughout
- Bottled protective cartridges are relatively strong to grip.
- Fine nib helps to write exceptionally well
- Solid and well-built quality holds the clips together for better performance.
- Consistent line works
- Balance between aesthetic and functional
- High-quality nib
- Free converter
- Deep color input
- Might not be suitable for stone paper
6. Dryden Designs fountain pen
An authentic and flexible model of Dryden designs that is indeed very convenient for students and professionals alike. Nothing can go wrong with a modest, sleek, and smart fountain pen. Similarly, you can just be as sure of this model of Dryden design. The contemporary design of the pen stands out as a work of art in the world of fountain pens. This pen can definitely give you a lavish feel and provide you maximum comfort with its fantastic materialistic structure.
- The weight of the pen is made to a perfect balance which helps the ink to flow flawlessly.
- Convenient nib and snap assist the pen in writing well on any quality of paper
- Stainless steel material of the pen is well built to support high performance.
- Comes with a piston converter with every order, which is a unique addition compared to any other fountain pens.
- Zero possibility of leakage with a solid cap cover ensures consistent flow.
- Complimentary guide makes it trouble-free to use the pen with best practice.
- Dries out easily
- Gift friendly
- Contains fine nib
- Suitable for all kind of practices
- Contains high-quality converter
- Supports smooth finish
- Great metallic structure
- Functional and balanced nib to body ratio
- Ink has to be purchased separately.
7. Pilot varsity disposable fountain six-pack combo
A combo set that can help you run for a long time. This pen is very user-friendly and comes in a complete package. The good news about its quality? It’s disposable; hence you don’t have to worry about ink stains. If you think adding ink now and then is not your cup of tea, then this option can be a good choice. The strokes are natural and, much so, delightful to work with too.
- Supports fast flow ink and helps to retain stability as per need.
- Helps to create uniformity throughout a paper as the thickness of the ink is rational.
- Comes in a modern design that sets it apart from basic pens.
- Ink supply is visible to help see the amount of ink left while using.
- Have a standard nib to control the grip of the finger
- Easy to use as they are disposable, and the ink ensures durability.
- Six pens are packed in one bundle
- Cartridge is visible
- Comes in black and blue color
- Strong body structure
- Might be a little short compared to regular fountain pens
8. Scrivener silver chrome fountain pen
A pen that looks like a dream and writes just as well as you’d expect it to. If you’re someone who loves aesthetic details on their pen, this is just the one for you! The attractive pen is a tool to match your identity to what you want to create, be it literature or calligraphy. The use of this pen is just as extensive as its design and can be utilized more than you can think of. It’s a beautiful object to seize your attention and get you onto work as soon as possible. Hence, this pen can work as a weapon to brush off your lazy days.
- Gives off a luxurious feel with its stunning built with a brass and silver material finishing it with 24 karat gold.
- Schmidt nib, which is also medium, is gilded with 18k gold, another luxury to entice your experience.
- Comes with a Schmidt converter and ink system to complement the design of the pen.
- Two available spare cartridges allow space for two colors; black and blue
- Can be used as a gift as it comes in an elegant box to present it.
- British design of the pen creates an impression of heritage that features the timeless elements of the pen.
- Comes with a warranty card
- Writes with definite strokes
- Gift friendly
- Comfortable pen surface
- Pleasant in style
- Convenient grip structure
- Consistent and uniform ink distribution
- A bit heavy compared to regular fountain pens
- Woven pattern of the pen may not be suitable for many
9. Matte Black forest fountain pen
Wrapped in a nifty and sleek look, this pen is all about classiness. The flawless quality of the pen can just be assumed from the outlook. The streamlined design of the stainless steel is going to be a treat for your eyes. More than that, you’d not only experience the ultra-modern feel from this pen but truly appreciate the artful metal case that it comes with.
- Bottled ink comes with a converter that is suitable for regular use.
- Extra cartridges are not included for safety
- Metal pen case that comes with the pen makes it stand as a gift-ready option.
- Gives off a detailed writing experience as it boasts hand-assembled elements.
- Incomparable quality that does not compromise with its durability.
- Pen comes with a push-type cap for easy maintenance.
- Light and swift weight for handling it on any occasion.
- Suitable for all-purpose use
- Sturdy body
- Ergonomic design
- Provides intense color on paper
- Consistent long term performance
- Does not come with an extra cartridge
10. Waterman graduate allure fountain pen
When you struggle with rough and coated paper, you want a pen that can work its wonders and make it easy for you. Waterman graduate is such of a kind that suits any and every paper quality, leaving the ink to speak independently. It fits very nicely within the fingers as it has a very proportionate size. You can hold the pen at any angle that you feel comfortable in, and it will do its job just fine.
- Supporting steel nib helps to write consistently on paper
- Design of the pen is very contemporary to complement the writing feel.
- Attached cartridge is functional to hold ink as necessary
- Ring and clip of the pen is polished with chrome metal
- Comes in a chic blue lacquer complementing the matte shade
- Refillable cartridges
- Durable nib
- Erasable ink
- Smooth writing quality
- Requires light press
- Smudge resistant
- Lid is weak
Do fountain pens wear out?
- The nib material is responsible for whether or not the fountain pen nib wears out. However, fountain pen nibs that last for at least two to three years molds a smoother writing style over that timeline.
Do fountain pens improve writing?
- Fountain pens help tone down the writing speed and aid a good handwriting style.
Should you shake fountain pen ink?
- Shaking the ink bottle will lead to sediments stuck into the pen. However, sometimes, it is necessary to shake your ink if the color seems a bit separated.
How often should you clean your fountain pens?
- Every four to eight weeks of cleaning the cartridge are enough for the pen to work correctly.
Any fountain pen that you find for yourself can make your decision to keep using it for the long term. No matter what pen you choose from the list of the best fountain pens for teenagers, you’re in for an adventure, using a tool supporting your taste!
Last update on 2022-01-17 at 04:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API