Hair removal is one of the major concerns when it comes to skincare for teenagers. There are several options available, but picking the right one may be a bit of a task. Shaving often leads to razor bumps, quicker growth, and ingrown hair, whereas waxing can be painful, expensive, and rash. If you are looking for a mid-way between the two, epilators may be your pick.
So it’s about an electronics epilator. It performs mainly by mini discs. The discs are completely pulling the hair from the deep/root. For the cordless or ultramodern model, a teen can use it outside of a bathtub or anywhere where he/she feel comfortable.
If you understand how epilators work, it might change your skincare routine for once and for all.
What Does An Epilator Do?
An epilator is an electrical hair removal device that removes your hair right from the root, much like waxing. However, it is not as expensive or painful as waxing, although it may cause some pain for beginners and people who have sensitive skin.
Since it removes the hair from the root, the hair does not grow back too quickly. And when it does, it is thinner and softer.
- Wet Epilators: These can be used while taking a shower or a bath.
- Dry Epilators: These must be used on dry skin.
- Corded Epilators: These must be connected to a source of power while using.
- Cordless Epilators: Since they run on batteries, you can use them anytime, anywhere. These are also more expensive.
How to Use An Epilator?
This electrical device uses small discs to hold and pull your hair follicle from the root. It works just like waxing, only less messy. Using an epilator is pretty simple. Place the device against your skin comfortably at a 90-degree angle.
Pull the area you are targeting and move the device slowly. Do not rush like you are using a razor. That will only result in the breakage of hair instead of plucking it from the root. Once you are done, you must not skip post epilation skincare routine.
- Epilation results in smoother skin.
- The hair will take time to grow back
- An inexpensive method as an epilator can be used for a long time.
- It can be used all over the body.
- No razor bumps or wax burns.
- You can remove both short and long hair.
- It could cause pain, especially to sensitive skin.
- A little time-consuming
1. Do epilators leave stubble?
Ans. No. Epilators do not leave stubble as they pluck the hair follicle completely, leaving your skin smooth. They can also remove extremely short hair, as short as 0.5 mm.
2. Does the epilator darken the skin?
Ans. If the process is done right, there is no chance of your skin getting darkened. To ensure that you do not end up with dark skin, prep your skin before epilation and do not skip the post-care routine.
3. Does epilating reduce hair growth?
Ans. Yes. If you use an epilator for a long time on your skin, it will reduce hair growth significantly.
4. Does epilator make hair thicker?
Ans. No. On the contrary, when your hair grows back, it grows finer and softer.
Now that you know how epilator works and the advantages that it comes with, we are sure you are going to consider this option. Thousands of teenagers have embraced this method of hair removal. It brings you the best of shaving and waxing in one.