A lipstick works as a statement for most teenagers. The significant fact about any lipstick is that it speaks volumes on one’s behalf. One can take over the day with an effortless tint of red or nude to make them feel confident and bold. With so many shades birthing now and then and with so many brands hosting these exclusive lipstick shades, it can become quite overwhelming to find the best-suited lipstick for oneself. Beyond everything, lipsticks are a trend that we cannot forfeit. Besides making us feel the best about ourselves, it is also important that we feel comfortable when wearing them.
My top recommended lipstick formulas are the ones that are long-lasting, creamy textures and do not feel stuck on one’s lips. Lipsticks that are easy to apply and are very pigmented always tend to do the job well. When lipsticks make your lips feel chapped, you know that the formula is very dry, which is why the creamy consistency of the lipstick matters a lot.
Lipsticks with a good grip and quick to apply to fill are a bonus too! But how would you know what packaging of lipstick would work the best for you? These researched guides will help you find the best lipsticks for teenagers, suitable for your undertones and other notable features.
What are the different types of lipsticks?
Why are there so many formulas for lipsticks? This is definitely a legitimate question to ask. However, are you aware of all the formulas of lipsticks that are available to date?
You may want to look at them:
- Sheer and satin lipsticks
- Moisturizing lipsticks
- Matte lipsticks
- Cream lipsticks
- Frosted lipsticks
- Gloss lipsticks
- Transfer-resistant lipsticks
Which lipstick is best for daily use?
One of life’s greatest pleasures is finding the right lipstick for daily use. The perfect quality, a matchable shade to one’s undertone, and a flattering formula can be some of the factors that can determine the best lipstick for a teenager.
Drugstore lipsticks are best for daily use. Moreover, lipsticks that are suede in type and do not require you to retouch or reapply many times throughout the day are most definitely suitable for regular use.
While all lipstick serves the purpose of making you look ready to seize the day, not all lipsticks are made to work the best. You wouldn’t want to wear lipstick that needs overcoating. A lipstick supporting your schedule throughout the day, whether it’s your schoolwork or a weekend hangout with friends, can be a great addition to your vanity.
The preference also lies at what may be the best for one to feel most comfortable with. There are many types of finish starting from matte to velvet, glossy, and even creamy. One that keeps your focus on the to-do list rather than touch-ups every minute shall make it much easier for you.
Let’s now look at the comparison between three of the most significant formulas, and you can figure out what works right for you.
|texture||Tainty and pigmented||Soft and hydrating||Shiny and transparent|
|shape||Gives a velvety look||Attenuates the shape||Fuller and plumper|
|timeline||Long lasting since smudge proof||Might need touchup once or twice||Sticky, so will not last throughout the day|
Tips for choosing the best lipstick
- Long Lasting: A durable lipstick can be your savior for any event. You need a lipstick that does not need as much touch up and stays in place throughout the day.
- Smudge Proof: It’s important for a lipstick to be resistant to smudges. You want your makeup to stay in place and not go all round your face.
- Easy to carry: A lipstick that can be carried anywhere is a huge bonus! Safe packaging is a must to not have the lipstick leak anywhere.
- Comfortable to wear: If the lipstick is not comfortable to wear, it’s not worth it. Make sure your lipstick isn’t tacky but smooth and silky on the lips to carry.
Which lipstick is best for kissing?
Lipstick smudges can be super annoying. Whether the stain is on a napkin, a coffee cup, or on your partner’s face, the stains can come in the way of a really good moment. Making a small investment in your lipstick and finding a kissproof lipstick can do wonders!
What to consider when looking for a kiss-proof lipstick, you may ask? Well, these are some of the qualities that a kissproof lipstick holds:
- Lipsticks that preserve color intensity
- Lipsticks that provide coverage throughout the day
- Lipsticks that are made with natural components such as coconut oil
- Lipsticks that are pigmented but also lightweight on lips
- Lipsticks that have blendable texture and formula
- Lipsticks that are smudge-proof
What color lipstick is most attractive?
With so many definite colors of lipstick shades available in the market, it can get more than just difficult to find an attractive shade exclusively complying with one’s preference. Analyzing what color of lipstick would be the most desirable for you depends much on your undertone. However, there are some shades that are known as “staples,” meaning every woman should have these basic colors in their makeup store.
The staple colors that are considered as most chosen, suitable, and very attractive indeed are
- classic red
- Bold pink
The nude shade: A nude shade lipstick is perfect for any event whatsoever is on schedule. If you’re running late to work or a party, a nude shade will never do you wrong. It’s a nude shade that complements any outfit you may want to wear. It is surveyed that 2000 women reported having felt prettier and more in power wearing nude lipstick. Nude lipsticks create inclusivity with the power of matching any accessory, any attire, and any event at any time of the day! One wouldn’t feel out of place wearing a nude shade because it empowers every complexion too.
Classic red: nothing can absolutely go wrong with a classic red. If you’re invited to a party all of a sudden, and the only choice is rushing to that very party from your work, red lipstick in your purse can just save your day! A classic bold lip is that powerful and can change the entire appearance of an individual. For the power of being so prominent, the vibrant color of red is a favorite to all regardless.
Bold pink: A bold pink signifies that a woman is in charge. The sweet color of pink really stands out to the individual in levels where one feels confident about oneself. Need a twist in your everyday look? Wear a vibrant, luscious color of pink to seize the day. Even when you feel like adding dimensions to your look or being a little different, pink can really be your go-to. Hence, having a version of pink in your makeup vanity and pouch is indeed a staple to game up.
Which lipstick is best for dark lips?
If you have dark lips, you can rock the bright, bold color better than anyone in the room, and that’s a major plus. There are some specifics as to how to choose the best lipsticks for yourself when you have a unique pigmentation that is different from others.
- Deep red or cherry red
- Cocoa brown or deep brown
Mauve shade lipsticks work gorgeous on many skin tones and align with the natural shades of the lips. Since mauve is a mixture of pink, grey, purple, and brown, it’s a beautiful color to wear when trying to match any outfit.
Colors like deep red, cocoa brown, and plum stand out in a lovely way on dark lips. These colors are exclusive to the deep texture of the lips. The pigmentation of these colors outsmarts other colors when trying to match the natural lip color.
Is it ok to wear lipstick every day?
There has been a lot of debate about whether or not it is safe to wear lipsticks on a regular basis. Wearing lipstick everyday is safe as long as it’s a good brand and one is not wearing it 24/7.
Since lipsticks have lots of chemicals in them, it’ll be helpful to use brands that are organic if prompted for everyday use. Furthermore, cheap lipsticks will never support your lips for everyday use.
Applying balm before the application of lipsticks can reduce the chances of cracked or dry lips. To hold the moisture of the lips, one can use vaseline or lip oil.
There are few simple steps one can follow to rock the look on their lips without any worries, everyday!
1.One should not opt to wear lipsticks more than 6-7 hours a day.
2. Removing the lipstick with makeup remover afterward ensures the removal of all the coating. It’s important to do this before going to sleep.
3. Using a lip moisturizing afterward can help lock the softness of the lips.
How does one protect their lipstick from coming off while they’re eating?
One of the major challenges with lipstick is during the lunch break or when one would like to take a little snack on.
Having lipstick on while eating can make a lot of people uncomfortable and wary about their lipstick situation. You definitely had days when you had to be super careful not to smudge your lipstick while eating.
The good news is, the lipstick smudge can be taken in control if one chooses to follow the beauty hack!
1.Applying lip-liners: filling your lips with a lip-liner can work as a base for your lipstick or lipgloss. The extra layer underneath the lipstick helps to tackle the smudge or chip of the lipstick.
2.Using baby powder: using baby powder over your lipstick can make you slay a matte lip finish. The light coating helps your lipstick last longer throughout the day. However, make sure you take a little powder on the tissue paper and dab it gently on your lips to ensure a great application. You would definitely not be seen with a smear on your face at the end of your day!
3.Use your lower lip while eating: while this may not sound like a hack, it surely fits as a great tip when drinking or eating food; most people tend to use both lips. Using your lower lips while taking food can tackle smear. Reapplying just on the lower lip and pressing your lips afterward is a great tip if you don’t want to rework both parts of your lips.
Best lipsticks for teenagers:
1. Maybelline color sensational lipstick: The perfect neutral color to wear and rock any occasion
2. NYX professional makeup soft matte lip cream: The softest nude shade that can never go wrong with any outfit in the world!
3. Maybelline New York SuperStay: Exceptional deep color that never compromises with time
4. 6 pcs Matte liquid lipstick makeup set: Every pretty color in one single pack, a dream come true for any girl!
5.Pack of 6 Crystal Flower jelly lipstick: Most hydrating and moisturizing lipstick one can get their hands on!
1. Maybelline color sensational lipstick
The very sensational and creamy addition of Maybelline in their collection is something you’d be awed at. The beach buff is a very pretty combination of mauve, brown, and pink that sets one’s day just about right! The intense color of this lipstick is suitable for any occasion, starting from a girl’s day out to working weekdays. You can style yourself and match your lip color with your attire.
- A mixture of matte and creme gives a great pigment to bring out the natural lip color.
- Made of an infusion of honey nectar for Ulta-nourishment
- Creamy consistency that requires less layers or coating
- Provides hydrating finish to hold the moisture for the whole day.
- Easily removable with a makeup remover or cleanser
- Does not dry out
- Comes in 10 shades
- Smooth feel
- Comfortable to wear
- Highly pigmented
- Colors might have to test with one’s undertone
2. NYX professional makeup soft matte lip cream
With the silky-smooth texture that will leave your worries at bay, the Nyx professional has a formula that is delightful in a cream smooth feeling. The Abu Dhabi shade is the perfect color of Nude that is ideal for rocking any occasion. Being one of the most attractive colors of this generation, Nude takes a role of boldness with any complexion. The NYX Abu Dhabi is definitely a very pretty color to wear with any getup!
- Very strong formula that does not wear off easily
- Very long-lasting and does not fade on hours end
- Excellent consistency and pigmentation, so leave off a vibrant look on the lips.
- Smooth matte finish ensures it does not dry off.
- Easy to apply
- Creamy and airy
- Cruelty free
- Great staying power
- The packaging is small
3. Maybelline New York SuperStay
The bold berry color of Maybelline new york is made to steal the show. The intense pigmented shade gives a deeply saturated formula to stay on the lips for long hours. For night outs and grandeur parties, the Maybelline new york in the shade 112 composer can be all that you’d want to wear. A soft eye look with a bold lip can never betray you! The diversity of colors in Maybelline New York is indeed very impressive.
- Very unique narrow applicator allows with an easy application of lipstick
- Staying power for almost 16 hours a day.
- Easily removable with balm or oil
- Pigmentation of the lipstick leaves off for less re-application
- Doesn’t wear off easily
- Transfer resistant
- May not hold moisture
4. 6 pcs Matte liquid lipstick makeup set
The perfect package of lipstick comes in a luscious formula of various beautiful lip shades. The package contains six different gorgeous shades to choose from; this is the complete lipstick set with all the gen Z colors that need no alteration. The colors aren’t too alerting but very muted and perfect for any occasion. You’d love to see the different shades of Nude that this lipstick set has, and that can make you settle for no other lipstick set!
- Gives off a silky feel for its super long-lasting matte formula
- Has moisturizing ingredients that make it comfortable to wear
- Does not stick up and is very long-lasting
- Creates a velvety layer on lips that provides great thickness
- Contains vitamin-E which offers nourishment to lips
- Provides 8-hour moisture and holds intense creamy texture on lips
- Satin finish
- Variety in colors
- Great smell
- Might have to add a second layer when applying
5. Pack of 6 Crystal Flower jelly lipstick
Do you sometimes feel like not wearing any artificial colors at all but rather enhance your natural lip color and go take over the day? Well, this pack of 6 crystal flower jelly lipstick is everything you want to know about if you love moisture and natural color more than mattes and creamy lipsticks. The natural ingredients in these lipsticks are enough to make you feel pumped with their delicious aura. Everyone has their unique lip color, and any lip jelly lipstick from this pack will bring that color out in a more prominent way. This will give the utmost moisture to your lips and prevent chapped lips.
- Contains natural ingredients such as jojoba seed oil, candelilla wax, and real flowers, which creates a very pleasant smell
- Prevents dry, tacky, and chapped lips and provides required hydration.
- Provides a neutral and natural look as the formula is transparent with essential oils
- Hydration of lips works depending on the surrounding temperature and humidity.
- Adjustable to one’s lip color as there are six different shades to apply from
- Mostly made with organic elements, so it is very healthy and relatively safe.
- Color of lips can change after application depending on the moisture in the atmosphere
- Very handy
- Comfortable to wear
- No harmful chemicals
- Hydrates lips
- Does not fade
- Soft and smooth feel
- Does not provide bright colors
How do I apply lipstick?
The application of lipstick mainly depends on the coverage you’re looking for. If you want a sheer finish, you can apply lipstick without using a lip liner first.
Drawing a cupid bow and extending outwards can lead to a great finish for any sheer formula of lipstick. End your application with a soft dab with your finger pad, and you’re good to go.
If you’re opting for full coverage, you have to be much more cautious about the lining of your lips. Since creating an opaque lip is no easy task, a lipliner is just the savior you would want for your casual or grand day.
Using a lip brush can create more precision for drawing the lines. Apply the bulk of the lipstick in the center of your lips and gradually move outwards to make a full coverage finish.
How can one maintain lipsticks?
While many may not know about this hidden gem of advice, you’d be able to know just now while you’re reading this article.
Storing lipsticks in the fridge can help them last for a long time. Keeping lipsticks cool, please help them retain the color, and you’ll maintain them much more efficiently.
However, you can just as well keep them under normal temperature over your vanity.
How to know which lipstick color suits me the best?
The key to knowing the right color of lipstick for your complexion is by assessing your undertone as correctly as possible.
If one has a warm or yellow undertone, colors from the orange spectrum can suit them just the best. Nudes, apricots, peach, corals, royal pink, and orangish reds are some of the very pretty colors that can enhance your undertone.
People having cool or pink undertones can look out for colors like Fuschia, flamingo, and hot pink. Any pink that has a bluish tone to it can look beautiful on a cool-toned complexion. For nudes, all kinds of brown on the darker spectrum can put a flawless finish to your makeup.
Since the natural pigment of the lips also has a significant role with regard to influencing the lipstick color, make sure to try the colors on the pad of your thumb and put it close beside your lips to see how it suits you.
Is there a way to increase the intensity of the lip color?
In such cases where you’d like to enhance the color of your lip, you may want to try out the multilayered upshot. Using a lip liner makes a huge difference when trying to create a bold, colorful lip.
Simply drawing a few vertical lines over your lips with a lip liner can do wonders!
Apply one coat of lipstick before drawing the lines. Apply the second coat after being done with the lines.
This technique ensures depth of color, giving the illusion of full and pumped-up lips.
Finding the right shade of lipstick can be super satisfying. The colors and formula matching your taste and suiting your lips can make you feel good about wearing them on a regular basis. Choosing lipsticks that are long-lasting, waterproof, and comfortable to wear can change your entire game. Any lipstick that you choose to wear has to bring out the dimension of your personality; only then would it be worth it to wear any color at all!
Last update on 2021-09-16 at 03:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API