Walt Disney made the right move when he decided to open Disney World. Millions of children flock to the parks around the world to be dazzled, but no one ever thinks of it as a teenage attraction.
But we are here to tell you that teenagers are going to be more than bedazzled at the Disney World theme parks. That is, if you know where to dump them while you run after the younger kids!
Don’t worry, we have got you covered.
Here we give you 4 of the best Disney Parks for teenagers with the guarantee that there is enough to see here to cover several trips to Disney World!
Let’s see what parks we are talking about.
One of the four theme parks built in the Disney World at Bay Lake, Florida, is the futuristic Epcot emulating global culture and achievements.
There are mainly two areas in Epcot: the World Showcase and the Future World.
World Showcase contains 11 pavilions, each set for a particular country in the world. This has earned Epcot the nickname “a permanent world fair”, and is situated around the World Showcase Lagoon.
Here, not only do you get to see different iconic buildings from these exhibited countries, but you also get to taste the native cuisine while you walk around!
Located between the pavilions of the United Kingdom and France is the International Gateway, which opens into the next section of Epcot, the Future World. There are a variety of pavilions here, and all are considered avant-garde.
- Spaceship Earth is a dark ride that takes its riders in a time-travel themed experience, with the subject being the development of communication technologies.
- At Innoventions, you can design a thrill ride as you want and a 4D simulator lets you experience your handiwork!
- Test Track lets you design your own race car and take it on a test drive!
- Soarin’ Around the World takes you up over Florida and lets you believe that you are passing over several regions of the Earth!
02. The Disney Animal Kingdom
If you consider Animal Kingdom as one of the best nature parks in Orlando, Florida, you may be correct.
A zoological park with live animals and a nature conservation theme combines seamlessly with traditional theme park attractions in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the fourth theme park opened in the Florida Disney World.
Let’s see what it offers:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: You came to Animal Kingdom to see some animals, didn’t you? Kilimanjaro Safari is the best option available, where you ride an open-air vehicle like in an African Safari and watch as zebras and giraffes go about their day.
- Festival of the Lion King: Sing Hakuna Matata, baby! With this musical show for free, your day at Animal Kingdom has just been transported to Simba’s Pride Lands in Africa!
- Avatar Flight of Passage: One of the most emotional moments in Avatar was when Jake is chosen by the mountain banshee (while she tried to rip him to pieces!) and would you believe that this has been made into a ride at Animal Kingdom!
- Kali River Rapids: River rapids may be dangerous in real life, but in Animal Kingdom, you may go on this ride as safe as a babe in its mother’s arms! You should go, though, when the sun is high enough that you are feeling the heat so that the cool water can be enjoyed the most.
03. Hollywood Studios
While the above two may cater to older teens best, Hollywood Studios will be loved by tweens with all their heart. There are several rides to capture their interest, and an older teen may want to go along lest they get too scared sometimes.
Let’s start with some romantic rides and move up the awesomeness ladder.
- Prime Time Cafe: Dine inside this 1950s themed cafe for awesome food and Insta-worthy photos. And don’t forget to order the milkshake.
- Magic of Disney Animation: From getting an overview of Disney animation to living the life of a Disney animator and learning to draw a Disney character, this is for the artistic tween who just can’t get enough of Mickey and Minnie. You may take your artwork home to show your friends too.
- The Sci-Fi Drive-in Theater: With a starry sky above and chicken wings or your favorite burger in hand, you may have the best scary-movie experience at this theater. Especially when drive-in theaters have become outdated, this attraction may feel profound even for your older teen.
- Toy Story Midway Mania: This may appeal to the older teen as well as the younger sibling because it is a dark ride that is also a shooting gallery and a 3D video game. It is like a toy story land in Orlando!
- Twilight Zone- the Tower of Terror: Enter the Twilight Zone for the creepiest hotel experience to get your heart thrumming in your ears! There are some awesome special effects that you will pause to appreciate once the thrill ride is over!
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster with Aerosmith: For the Metal lover in you, this limo ride will be an event of a lifetime, with seat-back stereos and a blaring Aerosmith soundtrack.
- Extreme Stunt Show and Stunt Spectacular: These are two of the best attractions at Hollywood Studios where you get to see how live-action is performed, and how time is of the essence when shooting a movie. These shows will leave you at the edge of your seat, we promise!
04. Magic Kingdom
While you won’t get anywhere by doing an Epcot vs Magic Kingdom comparison, we can assure you there are some decidedly teen-friendly rides at the latter that you haven’t taken into account.
Let’s see what they are:
- The Haunted Mansion: You may think twice about betting to prove that you aren’t scared if you decide to go into this haunted house. There are some cool special effects and a dedicated cast of characters that are paid to scare you, so don’t bet on staying cool.
- Big Thunder Mountain: This ride brings you to the Wild Wild West, with a train that dips and turns in rocky terrain, and is fun enough that you may want to ride it again.
- Space Mountain: Hurl into the darkness of space and dodge asteroids and imagine you are in a live-action role-play of Zathura: A Space Adventure.
- Splash Mountain: This log ride is initially deceptive as it goes gingerly through the Brer Rabbit world. Scream to your heart’s content when it suddenly splashes down a five-story drop, or be as cool as you like, now that you know it drops suddenly.
- Gaston’s Tavern: While we realize an eatery isn’t a ride, you may be delighted to get LeFou’s Brew and roasted pork shanks after a tiring day with the Magic Kingdom’s actual rides. Teens are picky about food, but they won’t be picky about it here, you’ll see!
P.S; Need places to explore during your 4-8 hour layover in Dubai, check our guide on the best places in Dubai for teenagers.
If you are on a family trip, don’t hesitate to go to Disney World–from walking around eating to watching movies and running scared in haunted houses, there is something for everyone to do here.
The ideal thing is to let your teenager decide what part of Disney World to explore, but if they are reluctant to make the effort, these options on the best Disney Parks for teenagers may help you out.
If they want water rides, Blizzard Beach is a great option. Or if your teen cannot suppress her shopping spirit even at Disney World, ask them to head to Disney Springs, and meet them up later!