There is no dearth of options when it comes to hair removal techniques. Epilation, being the most technologically advanced technique, has gained much popularity over other options.
An epilator is an electric device that removes hair by plucking them directly from the roots. Sounds painful, doesn’t it?
But in my experience it isn’t half as bad as it sounds. Infact, gradually you would get used to it and fall in love with this hair removal method. If you have chosen epilation as your desired way of hair removal, you should definitely take note of how to care for freshly epilated skin.
Here’s a comprehensive list of things you should do as part of after epilation skin care:
Most Effective After Epliation Care Tips For Teenager
- Cleansing: The first thing to do after epliating is to clean the skin with a non-alcoholic cleanser. Do not rub the skin, simply pat dry with a soft towel. Alternatively, you may even use an anti-septic spray.
- Aloe Vera gel: Next you would want to soothe the skin and calm down any sort of irritation on the skin. For this you can use Aloe Vera gel. You can even use ice for the same. Ice is also an effective way to reduce swelling, pain or irritation.
- Moisturising: This is one the of the most important things to do after epilating. Moisturise your skin with a non-scented, non-poreclogging lotion. Preferably use one that has hyaluronic acid in it. Moisturising the skin after epilating reduces irritation, soothes the skin and mains its hydration.
- Exfoliating: Another very important step that should not be skipped is exfoliating the epilated skin. This would remove dead skin so that your pores do not get clogged. Thus, it also effectively prevents skin bumps and redness.
- Chemical Exfoliation: If you notice that your skin is prone to breakouts post epilation, you can use a chemical exfoliator twice or thrice a week. This would keep your skin smooth and prevent frequent breakouts.
- After epilation cream: There are creams available that are specifically to be used after hair removal. These are usually used after waxing to remove any wax residue. However, certain such creams can be used after epilating to soothe the skin.
1.Should I moisturize after epilating?
Ans. Yes. Moisture your skin after epilating as it would soothe your freshly epilated skin and prevent dryness. Moisturising twice a day post epilation is recommended. However, you should choose a non-scented moisturizer.
2. How do I prevent bumps after epilating?
Ans. If you want to prevent bumps after epilation you must exfoliate and moisturise your skin. Exfoliation will help in getting rid of dry skin that may clog the pores. Moisturising will help soothe the skin.
3. Can I use deodorant after epilating?
Ans.No, atleast not immediately after epilating. I would recommend that you should wait for atleast 24 hours after epilation.
4. What should I put on my skin after Epilating?
Ans. After cleansing your skin with a mild cleanser, you may first put aloe vera gel to soothe the skin. Follow this up with a non-scented, non-comedogenic moisturiser.
5. How do I make my skin smooth after epilating?
Ans. To make your skin smooth after epilating, you should exfoliate it to get rid of any dry skin. You may consider using an after epilation cream. It is advisable to epilate again within 2-3 weeks to give long-lasting smoothness to your skin.
6. Can I shower after epilating?
Ans. If you are using a wet epilator, you may use it while showering. However, if you are using a dry epilator it is advisable to not take a hot shower for atleast 24 hours after epilating.
7. How do I take care of my skin after epilating?
Ans. The key to post epilation skin care is exfoliation and moisturization. For best results, maintain a routine of exfoliation and moisturization after epilating.
8. How do I prevent pimples after epilating?
Ans. Pimples may commonly appear when you start epilating. You may moisturize the affected area. However, you must avoid saunas, hot baths, exercising, tight clothes, etc. to prevent pimples afer epilation.
9. How do I stop irritation after epilating?
Ans. Ice and Aloe Vera gel are your two bestfriends when it comes to stopping the irritation caused by epilation.
10. How do I get rid of irritation after epilating?
Ans. It is not unusual for your skin to be irritated post epilation. In order to control this you can use ice or aloe vera gel to soothe the skin.
Follow this up with a moisturizer or an after epilation cream. This will relieve the irritation and help you get rid of the redness, pain and irritation of the skin.
Epilating helps you achieve smooth skin that lasts upto a month. This desirable lasting effects however comes with its share of discomforts.
However, if you religiously follow a good after epilation skin care routine you can say goodbye to these undesirable side effects!